Orange County Field Director
Over the last year, our team has had the pleasure of forming an elite gathering of business leaders, philanthropists, and political donors in a campaign called In This Together. Our mission: reunite Americans by shifting politics and media from polarization to problem-solving.
The intended result: political leaders who work across parties to serve the broad middle of American voters, rather than partisans catering to the extremes at either end.
With 75 million American voters inside one media echo chamber, and 82 million inside the other chamber, hearing opposing stories, politically-inflamed anger and extremism pose an existential threat to democracy, prosperity, and the environment. But In This Together has a plan to share, simple steps we can take, and new tools to apply, to reduce risk to everything we value, and help reunite Americans.
During the past year, we have:
- Assembled best-in-class data and communication tools that help us win the broad 70% center of voters
- Tested messages to recruit an active base of five million citizens who will cross partisan boundaries to reunite Americans.
- Ranked the issues that can most effectively unite Americans to work across partisan bounds – like the environment, public health, immigration, criminal justice, education, and democracy.
In This Together is hiring an experienced canvass and field Director for the Orange County, California region to build a coalition of 100,000 problem solving voters with the goal of organizing these voters to support problem solving candidates that are willing to work across political and partisan divides regardless of party affiliation.
As our canvass and field director for Orange County, you will run your own canvass office and work on campaigns with groups like EarthX, Citizens Climate Lobby,, RepresentUs and many more. You’ll recruit supporters, raise money and mobilize thousands of people to take action. This position requires that you work independently, exercise good judgment and work hard to meet the office’s staffing, campaign, and fieldwork goals. Your analytical, strategic, and persuasive skills will be challenged to create a lasting movement in the region.
- Director will canvass three to four times a week
- Train new staff and volunteers in the field
- Raise money
- Identify and activate members
- Educate the public on the issue of political polarization and healing
Developing Leaders: Train new hires and train and develop trainers, and field managers. Coordinate with the Campaign Director on development plans to accommodate campaign needs.
Managing Staff: Train staff in grassroots campaign and fundraising skills. Work with the team in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming, inclusive and motivating atmosphere while communicating and enforcing the minimum job requirements and performance standard across the board.
Plan and Execute all logistics: Including ensuring that all policies on information security are followed and that members’ information is secure at all times. Analyze performance and set strategy, coordinate all canvassing areas and territories and manage and track the progress of each area.
Raising Money: Meet your office fundraising objectives and canvass in the field while training new and experienced staff. You’ll also have personal fundraising goals – Canvass Directors lead by example and are the best fundraisers in the office. Meet and exceed fundraising quota. Attendance at house parties and other fundraisers may also be required.
We are looking for an experienced canvass/field director or organizer with at least 2 elections cycles or 2 years fundraising canvassing experience.
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead a team of paid and volunteer canvassers
- Background in using data analysis to enhance field results and rap language
- Experience and familiarity with campaigns and leadership in Orange County
- The ability to work on weekends and some evenings
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation